Cooking new recipes are always new experience, even more so if you love to cook. Moreover, here on the Pumenu website we are going to give you a very easy recipe to make. Banana Bread Recipe is a delicious and tasty recipe that will make your mouth water.
In addition to the ingredients, the method of preparation with the smallest details for you to make the recipe without error. Make a checklist if you prefer to bring paper and pen to write down the ingredients. It doesn’t matter if this recipe is for breakfast or afternoon snacks, but it’s up to you to choose which time is best to serve.
Banana recipe bread | banana bread
- 1 lb of ripe bananas (silver, nanica or cavendish / banana chiquita / dwarf) (about 5 medium or 3 large bananas)
- 0,22 lb of all-purpose flour (1 cup)
- 0,22 lb oat flakes/thick oat flakes (1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 0,24 lb unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 0,35 lb brown/brown sugar or demerara sugar (3/4 cup)
- 0,11 lb of walnuts (optional) (1/2 cup)
- 0,03 lb of chemical baking powder (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (1 pinch)
to grease the shape
- 15 grams unsalted butter (1 tablespoon)
- 8 grams of wheat flour (1 tablespoon)
How to make banana bread recipe
3. Prepare the ingredients ( mise en place ): Separate all the ingredients and measure them, leaving them properly ready for the beginning of the recipe. This step is important for the success of your recipe, as it avoids unpleasant surprises in the middle of the process.
Peel the bananas and cut into slices of about 1 cm.
Melt unsalted butter in microwave for about 1 minute on medium/high power.
- Toast the walnuts (optional): Place the walnuts on a sheet of parchment paper and toast them in the oven, preheated to 180°C, for 10 minutes. Nuts should be lightly toasted to enhance the flavor.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, combine the sifted flour with the oat flakes, baking powder, and salt. Reserve.
- Mix the wet ingredients (emulsion): In a large bowl, beat the eggs, melted unsalted butter, demerara sugar and salt until a homogeneous emulsion forms and the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Prepare the banana puree: With the help of a fork, mash the bananas until a puree is formed. Then add the puree to the emulsion with the liquid ingredients and mix.
- Combine the two mixtures: Gradually add the dry ingredients into the emulsion, stirring gently until a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- Add the walnuts (optional): Incorporate the walnuts into the dough and stir gently.
Bake the bread: Put the dough in the shape and take it to the oven, preheated to 180°C, for 45 to 50 minutes. Cooking time may vary slightly due to the type of oven used.
To know if the banana bread is ready, do the knife tip test. Open the oven carefully and pierce the center of the bread with the tip of a knife or toothpick. If the tip of the knife comes out clean, the bread is cooked.
Unmold the bread: Let it cool and unmold.
Serve the sliced bread, warm or toasted, with butter. You can freeze slices of banana bread and thaw in the morning in the toaster or oven.
The ingredients can be faithful to the ones here, but you can add new ingredients to give a twist to your taste. Banana is a climacteric fruit, that is, it stores its energy in the form of starch and converts part or most of this starch into sugar during ripening. Green bananas have between 70 and 80% starch and very ripe bananas have around 1%.
I hope you enjoyed our recipe, we will always be bringing you more delicious recipes for you to see, make and taste at home quickly, easily and simply.
Remember that all recipes posted on this site are first tested by a gastronomic professional or pastry chef, in order to guarantee the authenticity of the flavor and the ease of the production process. So too, the writings are done by a specialized writer, so that everything is clear for our readers. Thank you for being here!