YouTube announced on December 4 that it will start showing the number of views and likes a video has in real time. The new feature is currently being tested with a small group of users in the United States and Canada, and is expected to be rolled out to all users in the coming weeks.
To see the number of views and likes in real time, simply open a YouTube video and click the “Visibility” option. The menu that appears will display the number of views and likes the video has received at that moment.
The change is in response to demand from some users who wanted to know how videos were being received by the public in real time. YouTube also believes the new feature could help content creators better understand the performance of their videos.
- WhatsApp Rolls Out Feature to Send Original Quality Media as a File
- PS VR2: Horror Thrills, Survival Horrors, Action Blockbusters and Cozy Sims Await
There is no information yet on when the new feature will be rolled out to all users in Brazil.
Benefits of the new feature
The new feature offers some benefits for both users and content creators:
- For users:
- Allows you to track the performance of a video in real time, so you can know if it is being well-received or not.
- Can help identify potential viral videos.
- For content creators:
- Allows you to track the performance of your videos and make adjustments as needed.
- Can help identify which videos are attracting the most attention from the public.
Criticism of the new feature
The new feature has also received some criticism, mainly from users who believe it could create anxiety and competition among content creators.
Some users also believe the new feature could be manipulated by content creators who buy views and likes.
The new feature is a significant change for YouTube, and it is still too early to say what its impacts will be. However, it has the potential to make the platform more transparent and informative, for both users and content creators.