WhatsApp has released a new update for iOS that allows users to send original quality media as a file. This feature was previously available to a limited number of users, but it is now rolling out to everyone.
To send original quality media as a file, open the chat share sheet and tap “Document”. Then, tap “Choose Photo or Video” and select the media you want to send. The media will be sent as a file, which means that it will not be compressed and will retain its original quality.
- Your phone is vibrating on its own? Here’s how to fix it
- Xiaomi’s Redmi 12 Series to Get HyperOS Update in Q1 2024
- WhatsApp to Allow Sharing Status Updates on Instagram
This is a great feature for users who want to share high-quality photos and videos with their friends and family. It is also useful for users who need to share media for work or other purposes.
In addition to the feature to send original quality media as a file, the new update for WhatsApp for iOS also includes the following features:
- The ability to start voice chats without ringing everyone in large groups
- New bubbles in chat to help users see missed, ongoing, and completed calls
- The ability to react to status updates using your avatar
These features are being rolled out gradually to all users. If you don’t have one of these features yet, you should receive it within the next few weeks.
The new update for WhatsApp for iOS is a great improvement for the app. The ability to send original quality media as a file is a much-needed feature, and the other new features are also welcome additions. I encourage all users to update to the latest version of WhatsApp to take advantage of these new features.
- WhatsApp for iOS 23.24.73: what’s new? – WABetaInfo
- WhatsApp update for iOS allows you to send photos and videos in original quality – 9to5Mac
- WhatsApp is finally letting you send original-quality photos and videos on iOS – The Verge